Saturday, October 15, 2016

General Tso Sauce (3SP)

General Tso Sauce



I love this sauce.
No, really, I mean it!
This sauce is the best!
This is something I have made for a while, from the best recipe blog. 
This recipe is from Seonkyoung Longest.

Here is her original recipe:
  • 2 Tbs. sugar
  • 1 Tbs. sambal
  • 1 Tbs. soy sauce
  • 3 Tbs. white vinegar
  • 2 Tbs. Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)
  • ¼ cup chicken stock
  • 1 tsp. corn starch

I have changed a few things based on what I have available in my kitchen cupboards.

My Ingredient List:

1 Tbsp sambal oelek

3 Cloves garlic (grated or minced)

2 Tbsp soy sauce

3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar

2 Tbsp red wine vinegar

1 tsp cornstarch

1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base

2 Tbsp sugar

1⁄4 cup(s) water

Instructions:
Per Seonkyoung Longest's blog:
"Stir the sauce we made earlier and add into hot pan. Keep stirring as the sauce gets thicken as syrup and boiling, it takes about 1 to 2 minutes."
I throw in my cooked chicken or shrimp, and serve over rice!
It's so delicious!

2 servings at 3 SmartPoints each





No comments:

Post a Comment