Wednesday, July 31, 2013

#1 in Creamy Factor! Oh so VERSATILE!

I love creamy!
Creamy makes everything better, pasta sauce, pasta salad, sandwiches, dessert, EVERYTHING!

+


=

#1 Creamy Factor

I saw this on Pinterest and couldn't resist trying.
What started as a pasta salad recipe, ended up as a
"PUT THIS ON EVERYTHING" recipe!

The recipe is absolutely delicious and utterly simple,
I've adapted from the original recipe here.

I used:
1 Ripe Avocado
1 1/2 Tbs Lime Juice
4 Tbs Fage 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
(SIDE NOTE: Greek yogurt is the ultimate in creaminess, use it as much as possible!)
1 Clove Garlic
A Handful of Cilantro
Salt to Taste
Optional:
I added serrano as garnish, it would be great pureed into the dressing.
Some ranch dressing powder would jazz it up too.

Toss everything in the food processor and blend.
It is as simple as that!

This makes enough for a pound of pasta,


OR
1/2 a pound of pasta

AND

A couple of chicken wraps
Wrap, chicken, radishes, and CREAMY AVOCADO LIME DRESSING



AND

A couple servings of Quinoa, Black Bean, and Chicken Salad
(Made with chilled cooked quinoa, black beans, and shredded chicken, and a dollop of dressing.)



AND

I think I can thin it down a bit and end up with a delicious dressing too.
And it is a great dip for veggies!

I will make this again and again and again!

(Weight Watchers - Points for the whole lot? 10PP for the WHOLE RECIPE!)



No comments:

Post a Comment