Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Deep Dish Pizza Is YUMMY!

So, I was reading my favorite food blog, The Food In My Beard, when I came across a recipe for deep dish that supposedly was amazing. I couldn't help but be intrigued.  TFIMB got it from Macheesmo, which is where the actual recipe is. 
This recipe calls for a technique called "laminating" the dough, interesting and ended up with the best pizza dough I have ever had. It was soft, and not even close to being dense , and yummy layers within.  These are my pics of making the dough (as described in Macheesmo's directions).





 One of these is in my freezer, the other went into the fridge overnight.  Next day I rolled it out, pressed it into my Demarle and filled it up.  I put a cup of cheese on the bottom, then pepperoni, then half had sausage, and half had pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, and onions, then a cup of sauce, then another layer of cheese all around.  Below is a picture of the pre-baking pizza.


 Naturally, I forgot to take a picture when it was done cooking, but here is a picture of the last piece.  It was SO YUMMMMMY!!!!
Only thing I would do differently would be to make it without sauce, add some diced tomatoes instead. I loved loved loved it!
Hope you all try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment