- 1 6.75-ounce package rice stick noodles (maifun)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 6 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pound peeled deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 8-ounce package sugar snap peas, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (dried)
I mostly liked this salad. The fish sauce, another new purchase, was a little much. It tastes like... well, like fermented fish liquid. I think this would be good with a curry vinaigrette.
I really liked the lightness of the noodles. Mouth-feel was like vermicelli, but less starchy tasting.
I look forward to trying these in other meals, stir-fry maybe?