Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's a Fiesta!

 I love Mexican food!
It is a simple truth to me that Mexican food is wonderful, and I have such a hard time comprehending when people say they don't like it.  I especially like authentic type Mexican, not Taco Bell.  The best place here in Logan is La Tormenta, best place ever is in Rancho Cordova, CA, El Puerto.
I was looking for a new Mexican recipe when I stumbled on this recipe from Rachel Ray.  I usually don't like her recipes because they use weird ingredients or crazy processes.  But this one simple in design. 
When making taquitos the main issue cooks have is keeping them closed while frying, and not having them soak up too much oil.  This recipe takes care of that by dipping the tortillas in warm oil, rolling, and baking.  The filling can be changed according to your tastes, it is the process that I fell in love with.  They come out crispy and perfect!


Every meal needs a dessert.  But what fits with Mexican food?  Ever had FRIED ICE CREAM?!?!
I love it, but who wants to attempt it and end up with ice cream soup in your frying pan?
Enter, FAUX Fried Ice Cream!
The crunchy cinnamon-y exterior and caramel sauce identify the fried ice cream dish.
Scoops of ice cream rolled in crushed cinnamon graham crackers satisfy the crunch and sweetness.

The caramel is heated Mexican caramel.  Ever had Cajeta (sometimes called Dulce de Leche)?  You can get it in a bottle or a can in the Hispanic section of the grocery store.  Cajeta is a goat milk caramel.  Personally I don't like caramel anything, but I was introduced to this product my freshman year of college.  I had a floor-mate from Argentina, we would eat this stuff right out of a tub.  Her mom made rice pudding with cajeta, I still drool just thinking of it! 

All together I love this meal!  Perfect combinations!

DELICIOSO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment