Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tomatillo Salsa Verde (Thanks to Briz)

While I was on my mission for the LDS church I had a Mexican companion, Briz.  Every once in awhile she would cook for me.  The best chile relleno I ever had was made by her hand.  She also made tomatillo salsa one time.  It was so good!  It is a different kind of spice, brighter and more fresh than the pureed tomato salsas, but less chopping than pico de gallo.  I have played with a recipe for the last few years, tweaking and playing with the recipe. 


I have come down to the following ingredients:

  • 5 Tomatillos (I use fresh but canned ones work.)
  • 1 Jalepenos
  • 1/2 Onion (I prefer white for pureeing.)
  • Fresh Cilantro
  • Lime Juice (again, I prefer 1/2 real lime.)
  • Dash of Salt
I like to roast everything until it is tender, (except the cilantro, that didn't stay on the pan). 
Then pop it all in the blender.
This shows it on my homemade tostadas (spray either side of a corn tortilla, then bake til crisp).
 AS USUAL THIS IS SO YUMMMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment