Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stir Crazy, the Robotic Stirrer

My mom got this for me last Christmas.  I giggled and thought it was cute, then left it in my kitchen cabinet for months and months.  A little while ago I thought maybe I'll try it out.  So I used it while prepping a roux for something, IT WORKED!  I have used it for stirring a reducing pot of tomatoes, gravy, cheese sauce, and I love it!  Granted, it isn't a complete replacement for a human hand.  While making Alfredo sauce one night I did notice I had to stir it until the cheese melted into the sauce, but then the Stir Crazy kept it moving while it thickened up.  Yay for useful and clever kitchen gadgets!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! And I'm so glad it's been of use in all of your cooking! What did our parents/grandparents do without all of our gadgets? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have fallen in love with kitchen gadgets! Just got an immersion blender, with whisk and chopper attachment, so, in love!!!

    ReplyDelete